Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 3 EOC: How I Buy Stuff

Well first off I love to shop! I mainly shop for clothing and bath & body products. Like I said in the last blog I posted, I make most of my shopping decision on my demographics and how much money I have to spend. Whenever I go out shopping or hanging with my friends I always have to save out money or I’ll end up spending it on something I think I need. I know many who do the same; I just have to work on my finances.

So when I go clothes shopping I think about my wardrobe and what I need. If I have this really cute silk flowered romper and no shoes to wear with it then I’ll look at shoes. Or if I have a pair of DKNY jeans and I need a plain white shirt to go with it then that’s what I’m looking for. But there are times when I’m clothes shopping and I find something “I have to have,” no matter what! It’s really bad because sometime I forget about the cost or how many times I’m actually going to wear it. I’m the type of person that when I want something eventually I will get it.

Other than clothes, I love shopping for bath & body product. I like pampering myself with bath oils, candles, and body scrubs. When I buy these products I first look at the price, I will not spend more than $30. I have smell the product, and read the ingredients because I like all natural ingredients. " A final factor in the external environment that has become more evident in the past decade is a shortage of natural resources." (MKTG, Lamb, page 55) This is due to pollution. After I buy something I will continue to buy the product if it feels right on me and if it enhances me in anyway.

This is my way of thinking when I purchase anything. Money, ingredients, the need, and the feeling of the product help to make my buying decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment