Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 2 EOC: Me As The Consumer

As a 22 year old African American female I buy products that tend to my needs. When I purchase something either my age, race, or sex contributes to me buying it. All products are geared to a different demographic. This actually helps the customer in choosing what to buy.

Since not all women hair products work on every women’s hair, as an African American I buy “Black” hair care products. The main products I use are Carol's Daughter (all natural), Organic Root Stimulator, and Soft & Beautiful. When I get my hair done every month I have to get a relaxer, which is a chemical solution you put in your hair to make it primly straight. I get it done every month so I can relax my new growth.

One thing I love to do is Shop. And some would think that since I’m African American I would shop at certain urban store or wear a certain look. I like some Rocawear and Southpole clothes but I don’t wear urban brands, it’s just not me. Nor do I dress preppy like Abercrombie and Fitch or Aeropostale. I wear and shop at trendy boutiques like Annie CreamCheese and cute shops like HM and Guess. If I had the money I would shop at Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Christian Lacroix, Alexander Mcqueen, and Roberto Cavalli. My Fashionista would say I’m all over the world with those designers, which I am but I can say that my main fashion style is LA and New York. Although I’m from Shaker Heights, Ohio where most of the people in my school wore urban or preppy clothing, I have that LA and New York fashion in me and so does my best friends from Shaker. But before going to Shaker Hts. High, I lived in Stow, Ohio. I was one out of five black people in my class. All my friends were white and I never had a problem with that, it was just nice when I moved to Shaker which was a very divers school because there I found my “Black” side. I glad to have both worlds, now I can relate to many cultures and still be myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment